Culture Night is an annual, all-island public event that celebrates culture, creativity and the arts which takes place in September of each year. On Culture Night, arts and cultural organisations and venues of all shapes and sizes, from independent studios and art-spaces to national cultural institutions, extend their opening hours to allow increased access for the public. Special and unique events and workshops are specifically programmed at participating locations and all activities are made available free of charge.
- Helps create a sense of community and belonging – community is at the heart of what we do
- Encourages more people to visit cultural venues and experience culture in their locality
- Reminds us all about the fantastic cultural facilities and resources that we have locally and nationally
- Encourages people to try new things and to get into the habit of engaging more regularly with cultural venues and activities in their locality, providing vital support for artists and art organisations and driving investment in the cultural sector
- Makes it easier for people to play a role in their local cultural scene
- Promotes diversity and inclusion through celebration of all cultures, both new and established.
Wexford Culture Night 2020 was delivered by the Arts Council, in partnership with Wexford County Council and cultural organisations throughout the County. Our Regional Ambassador for Culture Night 2020, Irish Novelist and screenwriter, Cath Hogan, highlighted the events and the importance of arts and culture in our lives.
Check out some of the highlights of Wexford Culture Night 2020
Wexford Culture night facebook page
Press Contact: Tamara Gangnus