The Arts Department of Wexford County Council is seeking proposals from artists / artists groups / or arts collectives in County Wexford to exhibit their work in the Creative Hub in Wexford town. This space is public facing, with glass facades facing onto a public walkway which is open to the general public from 10.00 am - 6.00 pm Monday - Sunday. Exhibition space includes the entrance room facing onto the Main Street and the white walls which extend on either side of the public walk way which leads onto the other entrance onto Mallin Street.
4 - 5 exhibition proposals will be selected and slots will be of one months duration and will take place at allotted times between May - December 2019. Please specify in your proposal your preferred time frame. The selected artists must liaise with the Arts Office and Wexford Art Centre (who manage the daily running of this space) in advance and agree days for install and de install of work.
This opportunity is open to artists / artists groups / or arts collectives who are resident in County Wexford and who are interested in exhibiting their work in the Creative Hub for a short period of time. The venue is provided free of charge. In exchange all artists are responsible for all aspects of their exhibition i.e. installation, invigilation, PR, exhibition launch and dismantling of work. The Arts Office and Wexford Art Centre/Creative Hub will assist with publicity of exhibition.
In addition all artists are entirely responsible for their work while on exhibition in the Creative Hub.
What We Provide
- Free exhibition space in the public space in the Creative Hub for one calendar month
- Assistance with promotion of the exhibition via Arts Office and Creative Hub website/social media
Responsibility of the Artist/Group
- Setting up and taking down the exhibition on agreed dates with the Arts office and Wexford Art Centre
- General promotion of their exhibition - sending a press release to the newspapers and producing promotional material that is on display during the exhibition
- Sending information to the Arts Office and Creative Hub for the website/social media
- Insurance of artwork on display – The Creative Hub & Wexford County Council Arts office cannot take responsibility for items on display
- Invigilation of the exhibition if necessary
To apply artists should forward proposals along with supporting material to email@example.com
- A Cover Letter explaining why you would like to exhibit in the Creative Hub (one page max)
- Current CV (two pages max)
- Artist’s/Artists Group Statement (one page max) - explain your artistic or creative practice
- A selection of images/media (six max, jpg files only, 1MB max each) fully credited with name, date, media etc
A selection committee will review your application and make recommendations. The selection committee bases its decision solely on what you provide.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 1 April 2019 at 5.00 pm
Completed submissions to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note – 13MB maximum size per application)