Call for Funding Submissions under the Community Activities Fund 2021
The Community Activities Fund (CAF) is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development. Please see the following link for a press release on the launch of the CAF at national level by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and the Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD: Press Release click here
What level of funding is available?
€9m has been provided nationally.
A total fund of €300,129 is available from Wexford LCDC. This Fund will offer grants up to a maximum of €5,000 per project, with a percentage of grants also ring-fenced for grants of €1,000 or less.
Fund is subject to the following general criteria;
• In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully. Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
• All projects should be delivered by 31st August 2022.
Who is eligible to apply?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of organisations that can apply for funding under the programme:
- Government Departments and State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding),
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, and,
- Not-for-profit organisations.
Organisations NOT eligible for funding
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations are not eligible for funding under this programme.
What will be funded?
The Community Activities Fund will support community and voluntary groups impacted by Covid-19., particularly in disadvantaged areas;
• With their non-pay running costs, for example, utility bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges) or other non-pay operating costs for example rental/lease costs, insurance bills. (relating to the period 01/07/2021 – 30/06/2022.
• Groups will also be able to use the funding to carry out necessary repairs and improvements to their facilities, purchase equipment for example tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies, and training equipment etc.
See Fund guidelines for further details.
How to apply
Apply online by clicking here
Guidelines are available by clicking here.
Queries can be emailed to email@example.com or by phoning 053-919 6000.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is by or on 18th February 2022.
Late applications will NOT be accepted.