Community Enhancement Programme 2018
Call for Funding Submissions under the Community Enhancement Programme 2018
Wexford County Council in conjunction with Wexford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development is inviting applications under the Community Enhancement Programme 2018. The aim of the Programme is to enhance communities, address disadvantage and improve social cohesion at a local level by providing access to small-scale capital grants.
What level of funding is available?
€4.5m has been provided nationally, with an allocation of €45,020 ring-fenced by Wexford LCDC to support small-scale capital projects, subject to the following general criteria;
- The Scheme will offer grants up to a maximum of € 1,000 per project.
- In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully. Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
Who is eligible to apply?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of organisations that can apply for funding under the programme:
- Government Departments and State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding),
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, and,
- Not-for-profit organisations.
Organisations NOT eligible for funding
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations are not eligible for funding under this programme
What will be funded?
The funding covers capital projects only and should demonstrate added value. Projects or elements of projects of a capital nature may be funded. These include, for example, office equipment, project resources, research facilities, energy efficiency equipment, etc. for voluntary groups.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of capital projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises. This does not include regular routine maintenance
- Community amenities
- Youth clubs or facilities
- Sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
Funding cannot be provided towards any day-to-day expenses (i.e. current or operating costs) e.g. Routine maintenance, minor repairs or other on-going costs (for example, replacement of filters or light bulbs, painting, minor repair of components or items subject to wear and tear, etc.). Please see guidelines for further details of non-eligible items.
This funding is targeted towards enhancing community facilities for individuals and communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the LECP.
How to apply
These documents are available for download here:
They can also be requested by emailing email@example.com or from 053-9196520.
Completed application forms should be returned to the following address:
Wexford LCDC, C/o Community Development Section, Wexford County Council, Carricklawn, Wexford Town, Y35 WY93.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Monday 30th July 2018 at 5.00pm. (All projects should be delivered in 2018).
Late applications will NOT be accepted.