Call for Funding Submissions under the Community Enhancement Programme 2019
Wexford County Council in conjunction with Wexford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development is inviting applications under the Community Enhancement Programme 2019.
What level of funding is available?
- A fund of approximately €50,000 is available to support small-scale capital projects which support climate change reduction and mitigation initiatives. This measure will offer grants up to a maximum of €3,000 per project.
Funding is subject to the following general criteria:
- In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully. Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
- Please note, previous iterations of similar schemes were over-subscribed. As such only a percentage of the maximum grant available may be allocated to successful applicants.
- All projects should be delivered in 2019.
What is climate change mitigation?
Climate Change Mitigation refers to efforts to reduce or prevent emission of greenhouse gases. Mitigation can mean using new technologies and renewable energies, making older equipment more energy efficient, or changing management practices or consumer behaviour. Please see the Climate Action application form for a non-exhaustive list of capital projects which may be supported under this measure.
Who is eligible to apply?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of organisations that can apply for funding under the programme:
- Government Departments and State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding)
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas
- Not-for-profit organisations
Organisations not eligible for funding
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations are not eligible for funding under this programme
What will be funded?
The funding covers capital projects only and should demonstrate added value. Projects or elements of projects of a capital nature may be funded. See relevant application guidelines and application form for further details.
Funding cannot be provided towards any day-to-day expenses (i.e. current or operating costs) e.g. routine maintenance, minor repairs or other on-going costs.
Please see guidelines for further details of non-eligible items.
How to apply
Completed application forms should be returned to the following address:
Wexford LCDC, c/o Community Development Section, Wexford County Council, Carricklawn, Wexford, Y35 WY93.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Thursday 30 May 2019 at 5.00 pm.
Late applications will not be accepted.