Call for Funding Submissions under the Community Enhancement Programme 2020
Wexford County Council in conjunction with Wexford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development is inviting applications under the Community Enhancement Programme 2020.
What level of funding is available?
€2m has been provided nationally.
A total fund of approximately €68,000 is available from Wexford LCDC to support the enhancement of communities, address disadvantage and improve social cohesion at a local level by providing access to small-scale capital grants. This programme will offer grants up to a maximum of €500 per project.
Programme is subject to the following general criteria;
- In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully. Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
- All projects should be delivered in 2020.
Who is eligible to apply?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of organisations that can apply for funding under the programme:
- Government Departments and State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding),
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, and,
- Not-for-profit organisations.
Organisations NOT eligible for funding
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations are not eligible for funding under this programme.
What will be funded?
The funding covers capital projects only and should demonstrate added value. Projects or elements of projects of a capital nature may be funded. These include, for example, office equipment, community facilities etc.
Funding cannot be provided towards any day-to-day expenses (i.e. current or operating costs) e.g. Routine maintenance, minor repairs or other on-going costs.
Priority will be given to voluntary groups who incur capital costs in order to comply with COVID-19 re-opening protocols. Preference will be given to groups who have not availed of funding under the COVID-19 Emergency Fund 2020.
Please see guidelines for further details of non-eligible items.
How to apply
Apply on line by clicking here.
Application forms and guidelines document are available for download by here:
These documents can also be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or from 053-919 6000.
Completed postal application forms should be returned to the following address;
Wexford LCDC, C/o Community Development Section, Wexford County Council, Carricklawn, Wexford Town, Y35 WY93.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Monday 31th August, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Late applications will NOT be accepted.