Call for Funding Submissions under the Community Enhancement Programme 2021
This deadline has now closed
The Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development. Please see the following link for a press release on the launch of the CEP at national level by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and the Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD: https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/df30e-ministers-humphreys-and-obrien...
What level of funding is available?
€4.5m has been provided nationally.
A total fund of €150,065 is available from Wexford LCDC. This programme will offer grants up to a maximum of €3000 per project, with a percentage of grants also ring-fenced for grants of €1,000 or less.
Programme is subject to the following general criteria;
- In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully. Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
- All projects should be delivered by 30th November 2021.
Who is eligible to apply?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of organisations that can apply for funding under the programme:
- Government Departments and State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding),
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, and,
- Not-for-profit organisations.
Organisations NOT eligible for funding
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations are not eligible for funding under this programme.
What will be funded?
The fund is targeted at providing grants for reopening of facilities post COVID-19, such as community centres, men’s and women’s sheds, parish halls, sports clubs and youth centres, especially in disadvantaged areas and in accordance with Wexford LECP.
This iteration of the CEP will provide:
- grants towards projects or equipment enhancing facilities, and,
- one-off grants towards costs associated with reopening of a facility or the sustainability of a facility. These include costs such as utility bills, etc.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of capital projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises.
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
Separately, for this iteration of the CEP grants are available for costs associated with reopening of a facility or the sustainability of the facility. These include costs such as utility bills, etc. To ensure appropriate monitoring and governance, the Department is stating that only costs falling due for payment in 2021 are eligible.
Please see guidelines for details of non-eligible items.
How to apply
This deadline has now closed.