Call for Funding Submissions under the Community Support Fund 2022
Wexford County Council in conjunction with Wexford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) invites applications for funding submissions under the Community Support Fund 2022
The Community Support Fund 2022 (CSF) is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development under the Community Enhancement Programme 2022.
What level of funding is available?
A total fund of €340,233 has been made available by Wexford LCDC to support small-scale projects for not-for-profit community or voluntary groups.
The maximum grant aid per project is €5,000, with a percentage of grants ring fenced for Women’s sheds projects (dedicated application form) and grants of €1,000 or less. Match funding is not required. All projects must be delivered by 31st August 2023.
- Evidence of expenditure, receipts /invoices must be retained and provided to the LCDC or their representative if requested.
- The Department is stating that only energy/operating costs incurred in the period 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023 are eligible.
- Grant monies must be expended and drawn down from the LCDC by 31st August 2023. Photographic evidence may be required to facilitate draw down of grants.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply
Organisations NOT eligible for funding
Commercial organisations and individuals are not eligible for funding.
What will be funded?
This funding is targeted towards supporting communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the LECP.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of capital projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
- Maintenance of premises
- Energy costs (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges)
- Operating costs (e.g. existing rental/lease costs, insurance bills)
- Website Maintenance
- Audit & Accountancy fees
To ensure appropriate monitoring and governance, the Department is stating that energy/operating/running costs incurred in the period 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023 are eligible.
Please see guidelines for details of non-eligible items.
How to apply
Guidelines are available by clicking here.
Queries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 053-919 6000.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is by or on 28th February 2023.
Late applications will NOT be accepted.