Call for Funding Submissions under the COVID-19 Emergency Fund (round 2)
Wexford County Council in conjunction with Wexford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development is inviting applications under the COVID-19 Emergency Fund (round 2).
The funding, under the COVID-19 Emergency Fund, is in recognition of the important role played by community and voluntary organisations across the country during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What level of funding is available?
€1.7m has been provided nationally.
A total fund of €59,396 is available from Wexford LCDC. This programme will offer grants up to a maximum of €3,000 per project, with a percentage of grants also ring-fenced for grants of €1,000 or less.
Programme is subject to the following general criteria;
• In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully. Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
• All projects should be delivered by 31st August, 2021.
Who is eligible to apply?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of organisations that can apply for funding under the programme:
- Government Departments and State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding),
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, and,
- Not-for-profit organisations.
Organisations NOT eligible for funding
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations are not eligible for funding under this programme.
What will be funded?
The fund will provide grants to groups to assist them:
• To adapt their services and operations to fit the new COVID-19 reality. Examples of measures supported could be adapting premises to allow for social distancing; offering on-line activities; providing social supports and friendly calls by phone etc.
• To become more involved in the Government's 'Keep Well' campaign. The grants are aimed at assisting participation in the campaign, in particular with the three themes: staying connected, switching off and being creative, and minding your mood.
The grants may also be provided to support groups (including those involved in the community call) with day to day running costs if needed.
Please see guidelines for details of non-eligible items.
How to apply
Apply on line by clicking here.
Guidelines are available by clicking here.
Queries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 053-919 6000.
Completed postal application forms should be returned to the following address;
Wexford LCDC, C/o Community Development Section, Wexford County Council, Carricklawn, Wexford Town, Y35 WY93.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Friday 12th February, 2021.
Late applications will NOT be accepted.