Social Enterprise Capital Grant Scheme 2021
Call for Funding Submissions under the Social Enterprise Capital Grant Scheme 2021
Wexford LCDC has been allocated €37,063 under the Social Enterprise Capital Grant Scheme 2021. €1m has been provided nationally by Minister Humphreys through the Department of Rural and Community Development and Dormant Accounts funding.
Who is eligible to apply?
This funding is for social enterprises exclusively.
Wexford LCDC will consider the following when deciding whether an organisation that applies is a social enterprise and is eligible for funding.
1. Do they comply with the definition of a social enterprise as published in the National Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland 2019-2022?
2. A social enterprise is an enterprise whose objective is to achieve a social, societal, or environmental impact, rather than maximising profit for its owners or shareholders, reinvesting any surpluses to achieve their core social objectives. They frequently work to support disadvantaged groups such as the long-term unemployed, people with disabilities, the Traveller community, etc., or to address issues such as food poverty, social housing, or environmental matters.
3. Is there an element of trading? Social enterprises pursue their objectives by trading on an ongoing basis through the provision of goods and services.
4. Is it governed in a fully accountable manner and independent of the Public Sector?
5. If dissolved, are there procedures in place to ensure the transfer of its assets to another organisation with a similar mission?
Organisations NOT eligible for funding
- Any entity which is not a social enterprise.
What will be funded?
- Grants can be provided to social enterprises towards small scale capital projects. Capital costs incurred by social enterprises for the purchase of equipment are eligible. Repairs and refurbishment of existing facilities can also be funded.
- Operational costs are ineligible.
What level of funding is available?
This scheme will offer grants up to a maximum of €7,500 per project. In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully
Programme is subject to the following general criteria;
• Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
• All projects must be delivered by 8th April 2022.
• Expenditure incurred before the date of grant approval will not be eligible for funding.
• Payment of grants will only be made on submission of relevant invoices/receipts.
How to apply
Apply online by clicking here to download the application form.
Queries can be emailed to email@example.com or by phoning 053-919 6000.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is by or on 15th October 2021.
Late applications will NOT be accepted.