Check are you Registered to Vote?
You can also check the 2018/2019 Register of Electors today at your
- Local Post Office
- Garda Station
- Citizen Information Office
- Any County Council Office
How can I register to vote if I am not on the register?
If your name is not on the Register of Electors you can still vote provided your name is entered on the supplement to the register which can be done by completing the relevant forms. Note that there are strict timelines before an election that you can be added to the supplement. If in doubt contact our Register of Electors Office.
Completed forms can be returned to:
Franchise Section (Freepost)
Wexford County Council
Wexford Y35 WY93
The register comes into force on 15th February 2019 and is used at each election and referendum held in the succeeding 12 months.
What elections am I entitled to vote in?
Being on the Register does not automatically entitle a person to vote in all elections, their citizenship determines the type of elections they may vote in.
- Irish Citizen – Eligible to Vote at all Elections and Referendums
- British Citizens – Eligible to Vote at Dáil, European and Local Elections
- Other EU Citizens – Eligible to Vote at European and Local Elections
- Non EU Citizens – Eligible to Vote at Local Elections Only