Check are you Registered to Vote?
The Draft Register of Electors is now available for inspection. Check the register to verify if you are on the register to vote
You can also check the 2020/2021 Register of Electors today at your
- Local Post Office
- Garda Station
- Citizen Information Office
- Any County Council Office
*Please be aware, some options may not currently be available due to Covid 19 Restrictions
How can I register to vote if I am not on the register?
If your name is not on the Register of Electors you can still vote provided your name is entered on the supplement to the register which can be done by completing the relevant forms. Note that there are strict timelines before an election that you can be added to the supplement. If in doubt contact our Register of Electors Office.
Completed forms can be returned to:
Franchise Section (Freepost)
Wexford County Council
Wexford Y35 WY93
T: 05391 96255
The register comes into force on 15th February each year and is used at each election and referendum held in the succeeding 12 months.
What elections am I entitled to vote in?
Being on the Register does not automatically entitle a person to vote in all elections, their citizenship determines the type of elections they may vote in.
- Irish Citizen – Eligible to Vote at all Elections and Referendums
- British Citizens – Eligible to Vote at Dáil, European and Local Elections
- Other EU Citizens – Eligible to Vote at European and Local Elections
- Non EU Citizens – Eligible to Vote at Local Elections Only