Notice is hereby given that Wexford County Council has prepared a draft Climate Change Adaptation Strategy in accordance with the provisions of The Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Act 2015 and the National Adaptation Framework (NAF), 2018.
Climate change is recognized as a global challenge with policy responses required in terms of both mitigating the causes of climate change and in adapting to the inevitable consequences of our changing climate. The Climate change Adaptation Strategy represents a proactive step by Wexford County Council in the process of adaptation planning to build resilience and respond effectively to the threats posed by climate change.
Purpose of the Strategy:
The Climate Change Adaptation Strategy takes on the role as the primary instrument at local level to:
- ensure a proper comprehension of the key risks and vulnerabilities of climate change;
- bring forward the implementation of climate resilient actions in a planned and proactive manner;
- ensure that climate adaptation considerations are mainstreamed into all plans and policies and integrated into all operations and functions of Wexford County Council.
Accompanying the draft Climate Change Adaptation Strategy is:
- A Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Report in accordance with the SEA Directive (DIR 2001/42/EC) and pursuant to European Communities (Environmental Assessment of Certain Plans and Programmes) Regulations 2004 (SI 435 of 2004 as amended by SI 200 of 2011) and,
- An Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report in accordance with the requirements of Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC).
The Draft Strategy and associated reports will be available for inspection at the following locations from 9th July for a period not less than 4 weeks, ending on the 9th August 2019:
- Wexford County Council, County Hall, Carricklawn, Wexford, Y35 WY93 (during opening hours 9am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm)
- Wexford Town Library, Mallin St., Wexford.
- Gorey Library, Gorey Civic Square, The Avenue, Gorey
- Enniscorthy Library, Lymington Rd., Enniscorthy
- Bunclody Library, Millwood, Carrigduff, Bunclody
- New Ross Library, Barrack Lane, New Ross
A copy of the adaptation strategy, SEA screening report and AA screening report may also be viewed here:
and the Government Public Consultations Portal at https://gov.ie/consultations
Submissions or observations on the draft strategy are invited from the general public. These submissions may be made in writing to:
Senior Executive Scientist,
Wexford County Council,
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All written representations shall be made by in writing or by e-mail before 4.00pm on Friday the 9 August 2019. Submissions and observations should be clearly marked “Submission – Draft Climate Change Adaptation Strategy
Submissions should be in ONE medium only and include the full name and address of the person making the submission, details of organisation, community group or company represented where relevant. In the interests of data protection interested parties are asked not to include any other personal information when making submissions.