Wexford County Council commits to achieving targets of 33% improvements in energy efficiency by 2020, 50% improvement by 2030; and 30% reduction in carbon emissions by 2030.
This shall be done by:
• Complying with all legal requirements and other requirements relating to energy.
• Continual improvement of energy performance and the Energy Management System.
• To provide the necessary resources and information to staff (and public) to achieve the objectives and energy targets.
• Procuring of energy efficient products and services that impact energy performance.
• Implement design activities that consider energy performance improvement.
• Supporting the development of Renewable Energy technology, and,
• Adhering to the National Climate Change Policy