A Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan is a new Government backed mortgage for first time buyers. It is available nationwide from all local authorities from 1st February 2018.
As a first time buyer you can apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to purchase a new or second-hand property, or to build your own home.
You can borrow up to 90% of the market value of the property.
The maximum market value of the property that can be purchased or self-built in County Wexford is €250,000
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan you must:
- be a first-time buyer
- be in continuous employment for a minimum of two years, as a primary applicant or be in continuous employment for a minimum of one year, as a secondary applicant
- have an annual gross income of not more than €50,000 as a single applicant or not more than €75,000 combined as joint applicants
- provide evidence of refusal or insufficient offers of finance from two banks or building societies
- not be a current or previous owner of residential property in or outside the Republic of Ireland
- occupy the property as your normal place of residence
- purchase or self-build a property situated in the Republic of Ireland of no more than of 175 square metres (gross internal floor area)
- purchase or self-build a property which does not exceed the maximum purchase price ceiling of €250,000 for county Wexford
- consent to an Irish Credit Bureau and/or a Central Credit Register search
Download the application form.
For more information and to estimate how much you could be eligible to borrow, please see www.rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie. You may also contact the national helpdesk at 051 349720 or Wexford County Council Mortgage Department at 053 9196222.