Library spaces during phase 2 will be restricted to library staff only and will not be accessible to the public.
You can however
1. “Contact and Collect” - by appointment only.
Library staff will pick a bag of up to 6 books/DVDs/CDs in your chosen genre/subject area. You will be given an appointment to collect the books from your local library.
Contact us via:
-By filling out our simple online form
-By emailing us on email@example.com
-By phoning us on 053-9196000 – (9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday)
Please note we hope to restore our regular reservation service soon.
2. Return your library items - no appointment needed.
Drop your items in the returns bin just outside the collection area and go. Please check with your local library for returns hours. If you also wish to borrow books, please contact us first and we will arrange an appointment for you.
If you cannot get into us don’t worry --overdue library items on loan have been extended. Don’t worry about fines; fines were abolished last year in all public libraries! Accounts due to expire have also been extended.
3. Book Call Service
Elderly or vulnerable and cocooning citizens can request a bag of books and we will deliver directly to your door. Phone: 053-9196000 9.30-5.30 Monday to Friday.
You can continue to use your library online!
Don’t forget, you can access library services online, and these online services will continue to be available as we move through the re-opening phases. You can:
• join the library online; Free Online Services During Coronavirus
• download eBooks and eAudiobooks;
• read magazines and newspapers
• take eLearning or language courses;
• watch or listen to storytimes; or,
• take part in other activities like online bookclubs.