Call for Funding Submissions under the Community Enhancement Programme (Community Centres) 2020
Wexford County Council in conjunction with Wexford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development is inviting applications under the Community Enhancement Programme (Community Centres) 2020.
The fund is targeted at measures that seek to stimulate local economies, while enhancing facilities particularly in disadvantaged areas. It is focused on maintenance, improvement and upkeep of community centres and community buildings. However, similar expenditure on other community facilities will also be allowed.
What level of funding is available?
€5m has been provided nationally.
A total fund of approximately €190,000 is available from Wexford LCDC. This programme will offer grants up to a maximum of €5000 per project, with a percentage of grants also ring-fenced for grants of €1,000 or less.
Programme is subject to the following general criteria;
- In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully. Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
- All projects should be delivered by 31st March, 2021.
Who is eligible to apply?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of organisations that can apply for funding under the programme:
- Government Departments and State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding),
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, and,
- Not-for-profit organisations.
Organisations NOT eligible for funding
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations are not eligible for funding under this programme.
What will be funded?
The funding covers capital projects only and should demonstrate added value.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of capital projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises. This does not include regular routine maintenance
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
Funding cannot be provided towards any day-to-day expenses (i.e. current or operating costs) e.g. Routine maintenance, minor repairs or other on-going costs.
Please see guidelines for further details of non-eligible items.
How to apply
Apply on line by clicking here.
Guidelines are available by clicking here.
Queries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 053-919 6000.
Completed postal application forms should be returned to the following address;
Wexford LCDC, C/o Community Development Section, Wexford County Council, Carricklawn, Wexford Town, Y35 WY93.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Friday 30th October, 2020.
Late applications will NOT be accepted.