Section 19 and 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended)
Notice of Extending the Duration of the Gorey Town and Environs Local Area Plan 2017 – 2023
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 19(1)(f) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended) that the Members of Wexford County Council, being the Planning Authority for the area, have resolved to extend the lifetime of the Gorey Town and Environs Local Area Plan.
Having considered the report of the Chief Executive prepared under Section 19 (1)(e)(ii) of the Act, and having addressed the provisions of Section 19 (1)(e)(i) of the Act, the Members at the meeting of Wexford County Council held on Monday, 9th May 2022 resolved in accordance with Section 19(1)(d) to defer the sending of notices under Section 20(3)(a)(i) and the publishing of notices under Section 20(3)(a)(ii) for the Gorey Town and Environs Local Area Plan for a further period of up to three years thereby extending the duration of the Local Area Plan.
The reasons for the Resolution are;
1. To provide Wexford County Council the opportunity to allocate sufficient resources and time to prepare a new Local Area plan for Gorey Town and to ensure, in the interim period, that a clear and coherent spatial planning framework remains in place to provide certainty and to guide the proper planning and sustainable development of this important settlement.
2. To provide Wexford County Council and key stakeholders with additional time to achieve strategic objectives of the Local Area Plan, in particular, in relation to the delivery of the five Neighbourhood Frameworks Plans including the associated
Route, Place and Landscape concepts and to avail of funding that will assist with the realisation of strategic objectives relating to economic development, community development and placemaking.
Notice of the Resolution and the Chief Executive’s Report are available for public inspection:
• Online on the Council’s website Click Here
• In hard copy at the Planning Department, Block B, County Hall, Carricklawn, Co. Wexford, Y35 WY93 Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) between the hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm (closed for lunch 1.00pm to 2.00pm).
• In hard copy at the Gorey-Kilmuckridge Municipal District Office, Civic Square, The Avenue, Gorey, Co. Wexford, Y25 V1W5 Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) between the hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm (closed for lunch 1.00pm to 2.00pm).