Keep Wexford Beautiful 2022
This competition is not just about maintaining a clean and well presented locality. It is about fostering pride in local communities and recognising and rewarding individuals and groups for their efforts. We welcome entries from all types of voluntary community groups, such as resident associations, youth groups, environmental groups, heritage preservation groups and special interest groups. The prizes are cash to fund environmental projects in your local community presented at our Annual Environment Awards Ceremony.
Complete the online application form or download, complete and return the application form to Environment Section, Wexford County Council, Carricklawn, Wexford before 5pm on Friday 24th of June 2022. Any queries please phone No: 053 9196475 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
• Judging will take place in June and July and the judges’ decision is final.
• Your project must only be entered into one chosen category – if you wish to enter additional projects please submit a separate entry.
• Representatives from each group will be invited to the annual Environment Awards Ceremony in November and winners will be announced at the Awards Night.
• Please note if your application is successful & awarded a prize, payment can ONLY be made out in the name of the organisation you have specified in your application form.
How to Apply
Complete Online application here or click here to print and download. Once complete please return to Environment Section, Wexford County Council, County Hall, Carricklawn, Wexford, Y35 WY93.
Completed applications must be received before 5pm on Friday 24th of June 2022.
The following criteria will be taken into account when judging entries
• Community effort
• Litter management initiatives.
• Planting initiatives e.g. pollinator friendly planting, sustainable planting.
• Private gardens represent a huge potential habitat and refuge for Ireland’s pressured wildlife. By taking some simple actions, you will help to provide much-needed food and shelter for our pollinating insects, while creating a beautiful, colourful garden. For further information visit - www.pollinators.ie
• Treatment of communal areas such as open spaces and grass margins.
• Best environment initiatives - waste prevention / re-use / composting / Biodiversity / energy / water conservation / recycling.
• Best preservation and protection of a heritage site in sympathy with its character.
• Best access initiatives and provision and promotion of inclusive space.
• Individuals are responsible for keeping private property which is visible from a public area free from litter (e.g. your front garden)
• Refuse should always be properly presented for collection. Much of the litter on our streets is due to badly presented refuse, or refuse that has been left overnight.
• Do not litter in a public place, use the litter bins provided. If there are no litter bins take your litter home.
• Report any illegal dumping or abandoned cars by phoning Wexford’s anti-litter freephone number 1800 386733.
• When mowing front gardens or communal areas use the clippings to make compost.
• Touch up neglected house fronts with paint.
• Promote your clean-up and encourage as many people, young and old, to participate in your aim to Keep Wexford Beautiful.