Keep Wexford Beautiful 2019
This competition is not just about maintaining a clean and well presented locality. It is about fostering pride in local communities and recognising and rewarding individuals and groups for their efforts. We welcome entries from all types of voluntary community groups, such as resident associations, youth groups, environmental groups, heritage preservation groups and special interest groups. The prizes are cash to fund environmental projects in your local community. The results will be announced at Wexford County Council's Environment Awards Ceremony in November. The Council's decision on all matters relating to the competition will be final. Judging of this year's competition will take place by Wexford County Council in July.
How to Apply
The closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 10 July 2019.
Complete the online application form.
The following criteria will be taken into account when judgung entries
- Community Effort
- Litter management initiatives.
- Absence of graffiti, illegal dumping, abandoned cars.
- Planting initiatives e.g. flowers, shrubs, hanging baskets.
- Treatment of communal areas such as open spaces and grass margins.
- Best environment initiatives - recycling / re-use / composting / nature studies / energy conservation / water conservation / waste prevention.
- Best preservation and protection of a heritage site in sympathy with its character.
- Best access initiatives and provision and promotion of inclusive space.
- Individuals are responsible for keeping private property which is visible from a public area free from litter (e.g. your front garden).
- Refuse should always be properly presented for collection. Much of the litter on our streets is due to badly presented refuse, or refuse that has been left overnight.
- Do not litter in a public place, use the litter bins provided. If there are no litter bins take your litter home.
- Report any illegal dumping or abandoned cars by phoning Wexford’s anti litter freephone number 1800 386733.
- When mowing front gardens or communal areas use the clippings to make compost.
- Touch up neglected house fronts with paint.
- Promote your clean-up and encourage as many people, young and old, to participate in your aim to Keep Wexford Beautiful.