Wexford County Council is subject to the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005 (SI 279 of 2005). The regulations are available at www.psi.gov.ie.
Individuals or legal entities can request us to release documents for re-use. Any requests should clearly indicate that it is being made for the purpose of the re-use of public sector information.
Information on this website may be downloaded and re-used free of charge without having to make a formal PSI request to Wexford County Council, with the following exceptions:
• Photographs and artwork of any kind;
• Brochures, leaflets or other documents whose author is not Wexford County Council. These items should include a logo or information about the author – for example, the Planning leaflet series from the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government is included in this website for public information purposes – these leaflets were created by the Department which retains copyright for the material;
• Documents, plans, maps, drawings, sketches, photographs etc. which are posted on the website for the purposes of enabling the material to be inspected at another time or place or to otherwise facilitate public inspection, (for example plans, maps, drawings submitted in connection with planning applications or as part of an application for a service, grant, licence etc.);
• Other maps of any kind;
• Any other documents/information in respect of which third parties hold intellectual property rights, including copyright;
Intellectual property rights are likely to be held for material provided by a third party, including links to other websites from this site.
Permission to copy or use any such material must be obtained from the holder of the intellectual property rights.
Please note that information and documents obtained from this website may only be reproduced and/or re-used subject to the latest PSI licence available at www.psi.gov.ie.
Public Sector Information owned by Wexford County Council which is not available as set out above may be applied for by emailing or writing to: Freedom of Information Office
Your application must be for the release of documents for re-use and state clearly that the request is for the re-use of public sector information. The Publication Scheme includes classes of data/records held by Wexford County Council.
We will only supply data covered by the Regulations in pre-existing format or language.
As well as data protected by intellectual property rights, the Regulations do not provide for the release of:
• personal data or information protected under the Freedom of Information Act, or
• the release of information in a manner that is otherwise prohibited by law.
The regulations provide that we should generally respond to a PSI request within 20 working days from receipt of your request.
Where, due to the extent or complexity of the request, processing will take longer than 20 working days from receipt of the request, we will advise you within three weeks after the initial request was received. In such circumstances we should respond in full to the request within 40 working days from receipt of your request.
Charges in respect of public sector information that is not available on the Council’s website will reflect the cost incurred by Wexford County Council in collecting, producing, reproducing and disseminating the requested information.
The Council will notify the requester of any charges to be applied prior to processing the request. The agreed charge must be paid before the information is released.
If you are not happy with our decision on your request, you can appeal to the Office of the Information Commissioner, an independent appeals body with the power to affirm, annul or vary our decision by contacting:
Office of the Information Commissioner
6 Earlsfort Terrace
Phone: 01 639 5689
Wexford County Council is not obliged by the Regulations to release documents for re-use. However, any information released will be subject to terms and conditions of the latest PSI licence available at www.psi.gov.ie and such other terms and conditions as Wexford County Council deems appropriate.
Wexford County Council is not liable for any loss or liability associated with the re-use of information and does not certify that the information is up-to-date or error free. The Council does not authorize any user to have exclusive rights to re-use the information.