Recite Me is innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors to our website view and use it in the way that works best for them making it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
In particular for people who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss, colour blindness and dyslexia. It assists people who experience challenges accessing information due to poor literacy skills. It also meets the needs of people who don’t speak English as their first language, by translating our web content into over 100 different languages.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me toolbar by clicking on the Recite me icon which appears on every page of our website. After you click on this the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
• Have the text on our website read aloud (including PDFs)
• Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
• Change font sizes and colours
• Customise background colour
• Translate text into more than 100 different languages
• Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide
Click here to access the Tutorial Video.