Choice Based Letting
Choice Based Letting (CBL) is a way that social housing supports applicants can express their interest in available and suitable Social Housing properties.
A ‘suitable’ dwelling is one that has been chosen to express interest in and that matches their housing needs. It offers applicants a greater choice in where they want to live and provides details about the properties to allow them to make informed decisions.
You access the CBL system through the internet on cbl.wexfordcoco.ie. All expressions of interest will be assessed in line with Wexford County Council’s Allocation Scheme.
An Applicant User Guide is available to download here. A decision on the allocation of a tenancy for the property will be based on:
• Areas of choice
• An applicant’s time on the social housing supports list
• Basis of need under the Allocation Scheme
• Type of property required
• Good Estate Management.
1. Applicants can only view and express interest in properties with the number of beds that they have been approved for.
2. A successful applicant who refuses a Choice Based Letting offer will not be eligible for consideration for another Choice Based Letting Unit for a period of one year
3. Under the Choice Based Letting Scheme only the successful candidates will be notified.
4. If you need further information regarding the Choice Based Letting scheme, please contact the Customer Service Unit at 053-9196000