Facilities to be taken in charge
- Roads and footpaths;
- Communal parking areas;
- Public lighting infrastructure including associated electricity charges
- Fire hydrants and associated networks
- Public water supply, sewerage and storm water networks
- Wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations and associated buffer zones, (including the associated electricity charges)
- Water treatment plants and reservoirs (including associated electricity charges) and any associated protection zones;
- Open spaces;
- Playgrounds, tennis courts and similar recreation facilities, where these are required by condition of a planning permission as facilities for public use.
- Communal walls and fencing
When a resolution under Section 11 of the Roads Act 1993 has been passed by the Roads Authority in respect of a residential estate, then any or all of the above facilities that are within that estate shall also be deemed to have been taken in charge, unless those facilities have been expressly excluded in the resolution.
Note: Electricity Charges that were incurred prior to the Section 11 resolution shall not be the responsibility of the Local Authority.
Maintenance Services to be provided by Wexford County Council to a residential estate following it’s taking in charge
The maintenance services that will be provided by the authority following the completion of the taking in charge process may include any or all of the following:
- Maintenance of all roads and footpaths, including unallocated street car parking;
- Maintenance of water mains and drainage services;
- Repair and reinstatement of roads, footpaths and landscaped areas resulting from repair and/or maintenance of underground services (water mains and drainage services) carried out by the authority;
- Upkeep and maintenance of all public lighting installations
- Upkeep and maintenance of all surfaces, fixed elements and rigid play equipment in play lots and playgrounds in cases where the playground or play lot was required by condition of a planning permission.
The Council will not maintain open spaces within the development.