Mutual Exchanges in Tenancies
The Council does accommodate mutual exchanges in tenancies between two tenants. This includes exchanges from one council/voluntary body to another.
The following conditions apply
- Satisfactory tenancy record with no arrears of rent or other charges
- No verified instances of Anti-Social Behaviour in the previous 5 years
- The property is maintained in a satisfactory condition in accordance with the terms of the tenancy agreement.
- House to which transfer is taking place is adequate in size and layout.
- Each tenant agrees in writing to accept the other property in its present condition.