Types of Works Supported by the Grant
- Access ramps
- Level access showers
- Other minor works to help with the mobility needs of a person
Who should apply?
Applicants should be 60 years of age or over (applications will be assessed on medical need for those under 60 years) and residing in the property for at least 2 years.
Types of housing
- Owner occupied housing;
- Houses being purchased from a local authority under the tenant purchase scheme;
- Private rented accommodation;
- Accommodation provided under the voluntary housing Capital Assistance and Rental Subsidy schemes;
- Accommodation occupied by persons living in communal residences.
N.B. Written permission to carry out adaptation works is required from Landlords/ Housing agencies in cases where the application is not owner occupied.