Types of Works Supported by the Grant
- Access ramps
- Level access showers
- Other minor works to help with the mobility needs of a person
Who should apply?
Applicants should be 60 years of age or over (applications will be assessed on medical need for those under 60 years).
Types of housing
- Owner occupied housing;
- Houses being purchased from a local authority under the tenant purchase scheme;
- Private rented accommodation;
- Accommodation provided under the voluntary housing Capital Assistance and Rental Subsidy schemes;
- Accommodation occupied by persons living in communal residences.
N.B. Written permission to carry out adaptation works is required from Landlords/ Housing agencies in cases where the application is not owner occupied.