Mobility Aids Housing Grant

Types of Works Supported by the Grant

  • Grab-rails
  • Access ramps
  • Level access showers
  • Stair-lifts
  • Other minor works to help with the mobility needs of a person

Who should apply?

Applicants should be 60 years of age (or over) and residing in the property for at least 5 years.

Types of housing

  • Owner occupied housing;
  • Houses being purchased from a local authority under the tenant purchase scheme;
  • Private rented accommodation;
  • Accommodation provided under the voluntary housing Capital Assistance and Rental Subsidy schemes; 
  • Accommodation occupied by persons living in communal residences.

N.B. Written permission to carry out adaptation works is required from Landlords/ Housing agencies in cases where the application is not owner occupied.

Application Form

Download the application form and full terms and conditions