The Domestic Lead Remediation Grant Scheme has been in existence since 2016 and the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage have revised the eligibility criteria with effect from 1st December 2022.
The purpose of this scheme is to assist owners of premises connected to a domestic water supply with the costs of replacing lead piping or related fittings located within the internal distribution system of the premises, as defined in the Water Services Act 2007.
In advance of applying for a grant the applicant must have received one of the following:
• A notification from a water supplier advising that there is likely to be lead pipes and related fittings within the internal distribution system of the house, or
• Hold a certificate dated within the six months immediately prior to the date of application by a laboratory accredited by the Irish National Accreditation Board confirming a parametric value for lead in the drinking water supply to the house concerned, which exceeds the statutory limit, of 10μg/l,
• A notification from a registered building professional advising that there are lead pipes and related fittings located within the internal distribution system of the house concerned.
The new eligibility conditions in the revised grant include:
• Removal of the means test requirement.
• Introduction of a uniform grant rate of 100% of the eligible costs of the replacement of any such lead pipes and/or related fittings, or €5,000, whichever is the lower.
• An additional eligible cost can be claimed to a maximum of €200 for the provision of a certificate from a laboratory or notification from a registered building professional,
• The house concerned must be occupied by the applicant as their normal place of residence.
• Minimum expenditure on eligible works in order to qualify for a grant has been increased from €200 to €750.
• Note, any indirect costs incurred by the applicant themselves are not eligible costs.
Scéim Deontais um Fheabhsúchán Luaidhe Tí - Foirm éilimh
Please see application form here
Domestic Lead Pipe Remediation Grant Scheme - Guidance Notes.
Domestic Lead Pipe Remediation Grant Scheme - Terms and Conditions
Domestic Lead Pipe Remediation Grant Scheme - Information Leaflet
If you require any further information, please contact the County Liaison Officer for Rural Water on 053 9196343.