A Special Collection Relating to County Wexford and its People
The collection includes resources that relate to the
- History & archaeology
- Landscape and cultural heritage
- Natural and built environment
- Wexford-born authors, regardless of subject matter
Digital Local Collection
How can the collection be accessed?
The main Local Studies Collection, which contains approximately 3000 individual titles, is housed at Library Headquarters. Access to items in this Collection is strictly by prior appointment by emailing email@example.com.
In addition, the Wexford branch houses the microform collection which includes:
- local newspapers
- censuses of 1901 and 1911
- Tithe Applotment books
- Schools Folklore collection, 1938
- Roman Catholic parish registers of Ferns diocese to 1880
- 6" Ordnance Survey maps c.1840
A microfilm reader must be booked in advance to view this material.
Materials in the Local Studies collections are for research purposes only and are not available for loan. Because of their unique nature, items from these collections are accessible only under the supervision of library staff. Where multiple copies exist, some titles (mainly recent publications) are made available for loan through the branch libraries.